Friday, August 5, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

My dear friend and coworker, John did me a huge favor last week and worked my shift so I could go to a wedding! So I made him some yummy banana nut bread to thank him, and because I knew he loved it.

                                                                Here it is!

- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temp. (remember my oven trick)
- 3.5  ripe bananas
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (I prefer brown eggs)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I bought them chopped, then chopped them a little more)


Set your oven to 350 degrees, and butter your loaf pan. Then mash the 3 1/2 bananas in a bowl until creamy, but some chunks are left. Set aside.
Butter & Sugar mix

Whisk together flour, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.

Beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy (picutred). Add eggs one at a time, and beat more. Now from this point on you just want to stir with a spoon, not mix anymore. Stir in the bananas, vanilla, sour cream until mixed. Then stir in dry ingredients and then the walnuts!

Pour into your buttered loaf pan, put on a baking sheet on the middle oven rack and cook for about an hour, until you can put a knife in and it's clean when you take it out.

Some people like to eat theirs plain, others with a little butter. However you like yours, I hope you love this bread! ENJOY :)

Before baking
After Baking, Cooling, and taking it out

No comments:

Post a Comment